Friday, May 7, 2010

TechZing



TechZing, a podcast by Justin Vincent and Jason Roberts, has reviewed Rdbhost in their latest edition.


The review was a rambling half hour of the 90 minute podcast, and was quite interesting. The principal lesson I drew from it, is that it can be difficult to clearly communicate your USP (Unique Selling Proposition) for a web business.

Thank you to Mr Vincent and Mr Roberts for spending some time reviewing. I enjoy each of your podcasts, and this one no less.

What is my USP?

'SQL over HTTP, demand priced' .

Some competitors offer the webservice (HTTP) with a proprietary query language, and others provide the SQL database without the webservice interface. Demand pricing, with no minimum price, is not offered by any of them, that I know about. I do not use that USP phrasing in the website anywhere, because it is just too geeky; I try to phrase the website presentation from more of a 'what good is it?' perspective.




No comments:

Post a Comment